Mantis Packable Chair
The Mantis is a four-legged, stable version of our famous Monarch chair. When you sit down, you’ll experience the extreme comfort of this chair’s higher base and larger sling. The Mantis chair is much easier to carry and set up than most heavy, bulky outdoor chairs, derived from the original Alite Designs Mantis chair.
- Quick & easy setup thanks to the aluminum hub and pole system
- Sits higher off the ground than our other chairs
- 4 feet provide and strong and stable platform
- Lightweight fabric with breathable mesh side panels
- Packs down small for easy transportation and storage
- Weight: 1.8 lbs
- Seat Height: 8 inches
- Capacity: 250 lbs
- Folded Dimensions: 14.5 x 5 x 5 inches
- Setup Dimensions: 24.5 x 21.5 x 24.5 inches
- Materials: 210D Rip-stop Nylon (450D Poly if printed), 7000 series aluminum frame
The Mantis chair is compact and sturdy. Great support from Grand Trunk in purchase and service.
Very comfortable and study chair! Highly recommend!
I love this chair. Just a bit heavier than others, but better built. I have an original Mantis I bought 10 years ago from Alite. It just recently had a hub connection fail. I reached out to Grand Trunk and they offered a 50% coupon for a new one. So glad they still make them available.
The construction of this chair is phenomenal. I have Big Agnes chairs which I consider some of the best, but this Mantis chair is even better. It sits really low if you’re into that style.
I was excited to find that the Alite Mantis chair was back! I’ve had one for years but unfortunately it broke and when I went to file my warranty claim with them I found that they were no Longer in business. I’ve kept the chair hoping one day I’d find spare parts on eBay. When I found that the chair was back I quickly ordered one. The new chair seems great. I haven’t used it but it does appear to have thicker fabric and a slightly different bar connections. I’m still super bummed bec one of the reasons I loved the original was the size that it folded down to—it fit perfectly at the bottom of my daypack. This new one is much longer and definitely less convenient to pack.